- Pour the water into a saucepan and add the sugar and the lemon juice. Slowly bring to a boil while stirring often to help dissolve the sugar. …
- Pour the syrup over the blueberries, covering them completely. Wipe the rims. …
- Process in a canner for 15 minutes (increasing time for altitude, if necessary).
Can blueberries be water bath canned?
Process the pint jars of blanched blueberries in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. If you decide to do quart jars rather than pints, process them for 20 minutes. The fruit may shrink a little and exude some juice during canning. This is normal.
How are blueberries canned?
Hot Pack Method. In the hot pack method, you put the blueberries into the boiling water or syrup for about a minute, then pack them into the hot jars. Leave a 1/2″ of headspace and then fill the jars with the boiling water or syrup. Wipe the rim of the jar, seat the lids, and put the rings on finger tight.
How do you home can blueberries?
Hot pack – For blueberries, currants, gooseberries, and huckleberries. Heat berries in boiling water for 30 seconds and drain. Fill jars and cover with hot juice, leaving ½-inch headspace. Raw pack – Fill jars with any of the raw berries, shaking down gently while filling.
Can blueberries be canned without sugar?
Quote from video: And today I'm going to show you how to can blueberries without adding sugar. So I was really excited when I learned that you can buy berries without adding sugar to them because I usually just freeze
HOW DO YOU can blueberries without canner?
How to can without a canner?
- Use a large pot that will allow the jars to stand in it and be completely covered with water.
- Place a clean kitchen towel on the bottom of the pot, the jars should not touch the bare bottom of the pot.
- Place them on the towel making sure that they don’t touch each other.