D&M Coffee / Retail Manager
The Retail Manager works directly with baristas to develop and execute business plans which reflect the community they operate in. The Retail Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of currently four cafes/drive-thrus and will build, train and develop a talented team that delivers results, encourages, and fosters the D&M Coffee culture, and creates one-of-a-kind customer experiences.
Code of Ethics
To work for D&M Coffee you must,
• Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; state, federal, and internal;
• Fair, ethical and considerate treatment of all customers, co-workers, and communities;
• Professionalism always; good eye contact with all customers and coworkers. No exception;
• Take pride in doing a quality job, never settle for mediocrity;
• Preparing all drinks and food with quality and care;
• Be willing to further your knowledge in the art of espresso-making, the coffee industry, and all aspects of our customer service;
• Educate yourself with full product knowledge of our coffees, baked goods, and all aspects of D&M Coffee. By knowing more about the company and what we offer, you will be able to offer more to the customers;
• Come to work on time, prepared and ready to work;
• Promote the protection of D&M Coffee assets, co-worker confidentiality, and personal information.
- managing all employees working in the retail shops (baristas and store management)
- scheduling and coordinating quarterly schedules (requests off, sick leave, etc.)
- hire and onboard new baristas, including holding employees accountable for D&M Coffee policies and offboarding
- monitoring daily expenses, revenues, and ordering supplies
- Oversee inventory management within all retail stores
- train & educate baristas on espresso preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- manage Point of Sale system, keep up to date/accurate and add new menu items based on seasonality
- early AMs, nights, weekends, and extreme reliability required (including a rotating on-call schedule)
- advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- ensure all café areas are clean, tidy and abide by WA State Health Code
- provide oversight of all the stores’ management teams and instill a team-oriented workplace
- supportive team member to HQ
- 2-3 years in responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory role
- hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- solid understanding of specialty coffee and/or food and restaurant industry landscape or eagerness to learn
- excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- customer service attitude (establishing workflows and standards or entering data in the CRM)
- strong attention to detail and a healthy respect for cleanliness and sanitation
- able to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time
- able to fill in and work a barista shift when needed
- perform a repetitive motion with the hands, wrists, and forearms to operate espresso machinery
- carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
Compensation + Benefits
- Salary DOE ($35,360 – $41,600 annually)
- Medical Insurance (after 60 days)
- Paid Vacation (after 6 months)
- Sick Leave
- Coffee perks + employee discounts
- Work with great people!
Required: Current WA State Food Handlers Permit and WA State MAST Permit, ability to complete all pre-hire paperwork. (permits may be obtained upon job offer).
Applicants are required to submit an application with all parts completed. Any application submitted with missing information will be immediately discarded. Previous work history is required.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.