Materials for Cricut Cake Toppers
- Cricut Machine (Maker, Explore Family, Joy, Explore 3, Maker 3)
- Glitter Cardstock.
- Colorful Cardstock for the back of the topper (optional).
- Fine Point Blade.
- Cake topper sticks.
- High-Quality Glue (please don’t use cheap or kids glue)
- Standard Green Mat.
- Scraper (for cleaning up the mat)
What kind of cardstock do you use for cake toppers?
When creating a cake topper, it’s important to use the thickest and sturdiest card stock available. I always use Michael’s “Recollections” brand glitter card stock for all of my cake toppers. Hobby lobby has a similar brand called “Paper Studio”, but the weight is slightly lighter.
What kind of paper is used for cake toppers?
You’ll want to use cardstock paper which is just a heavier paper than your average printer paper.
What do I need for acrylic cake toppers?
- Cricut Maker.
- Knife Blade.
- Acrylic Sheets (I find that this . 020 size works great in the Maker as thicker materials don’t cut through.)
- Pink Holographic Vinyl.
- Weeding tools.
- Transfer tape.
Can you make acrylic cake toppers with Cricut?
Quote from video: You can also paint the back of these not a problem but i will show you like the design steps in qriket design space so you can design your own cake topper so whatever events you have coming up design
How thick is Cricut cardstock?
Paper products are some of the first people think of as materials to use their Cricut machine for. You likely already know that all models of Cricut handle writing and cutting of multiple forms of paper, including the following and their thicknesses: Cardstock: 0.27 mm.